Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Monday 30 July 2012

Especially for you


This card took me a little while to make but I really enjoyed making it. I got the idea here, it is such a lovely design of card and I will be saving it for my mum's birhtday in October. I used my patchwork polly stamps designed by Jayne Nestorenko. To start I made the folded part as per instructions on the link, I then used the triangle stamps images in the patchwork polly range which fit just perfect in the smaller sections. The larger triangles and the band on the front off the card are made as per instructions. I used co-ordinating papers from my crafty stash and coloured Olivia to tone in with my chosen papers. I then added the decorative piece of card in the centre to be able to add a verse. To finish I placed  blue paper onto on an 8x8 card trimmed it with peel-offs added card candy and a sentiment. I am entering this card into the challenge on Jayne's website.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog, all comments are much appreciated x

15 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful, love the colours and a very clever design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cleaver design and you have made it so well. Love the papers that you have used and the sweet image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, love the patchwork and the design, well done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card, cute image!! I love the colour combinations...you are so very talented!! tfs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Zoe, Caroline, Jane and Kerry for all your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous Sheila, and I know how long it took you, as I've made one myself. It was great that the triangle stamps fitted the smaller triangle shape on the card.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really clever card Sheila it must have taken ages to do. Bet your mum loves it
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Sheila this is stunning. Beautiful colours and a lovely image. Good luck in the challenge hun.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Eileen, I'm sure mum will be thrilled she loves to get something different for her birthday card, every year gets harder x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Linda for your lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missed this one mate - it's lovely, goodluck with the comp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Kandy, good luck to you too x

    ReplyDelete