Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fantasy

This is the card I have made for MTTC challenge, fantasy was the theme this time and I didn't really know what to do. My daughter who will be 23 this month loves fairies and the colour purple, I killed two birds with one stone so to speak.
This card is simply matts and layers, I used a die for the shape where I stamped the fairy and the sentiment. I used a distress ink to go around the edges of the shapes and also on the patterened paper. The first layer I used a punch to give the bottom a decorative edge. I made a smaller matt with a contrasting paper placed all the layers together then tied ribbon around it before placing it on the base card which is 8x8. To finish I added a few gems.
Thnak you for looking x

27 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the colour.
    Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is for my daughter's birthday. Although she is 23 she still loves fairies and purple her favourite colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my fav flower fairy Sheila. Love the papers and punch you have chosen to go with her.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is so sweet, I love the Lavender Fairy shes one of my favs, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Eileen and Hazel for your lovely comments. The paper is from papermania, had it in the cupbaord for ages thought I had better start using them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card for our challenge this week Sheila, such a gorgeous image and super colours.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute card made in my favourite colour, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Sheila I love these fairies and purple is my favourite colour too.

    Big Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Julia and Linda for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card!! Any girl of any age would love to receive a card like this. The image is gorgeous and I love the colours you have used. Everything works so well together.
    Love Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so pretty . Love the fairy and the layout of the card . Good luck with the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Lisa and Caroline for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card hun, fab image & I'm sure you daughter will love it!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Shell, she loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ever so pretty, I love the colour and the punch you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Andree and Kay for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The layers are fabulous! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty Shiela - I'm sure I've got that stamp somewhere! - it was one of my favourites . I love that punched border too I'm sure your daughter will love it hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete