Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Saturday 6 July 2013

Under the sea

Under the sea is the theme for the Craftateers over on their blog. There are four craftateers who make a project each week, taking it in turns to choose a theme. Their projects are posted to help with inspiration to other crafters.
My card for this project starts off as a 6x6 card. The first layer is trimmed a little smaller, to create the background I sprayed cheap shaving foam into a shallow dish. I then dotted alchol inks into the foam and swirled it around using the tip of a small paintbrush, I placed my first layer piec of card into the foam and pressed lightly. Once it was covered in the foam I then used a bone folder to scrape off the excess and the end results is just amazing. I then stamped my seaweed image onto this layer and placed it onto my card. I stamped and coloured my shells, fish and parcels. After cutting them out placed them onto my card. I stamped a sentiment to finish.


6 comments:

  1. A super card and the background is just perfect for it. I used to do the shaving foam with acrylic paint with my three to four year olds in nursery but we let the foam dry on the paper for texture. They certainly thought it had the WOW factor, but I didn't think then I'd be using it in my craft. I've never tried with alcohol inks so I must give it a go. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Sheila, I love the background and have had a play making something like that using shaving foam (19pence for sainsburys basics) you get great results. Love the sentiment too. I will be posting a card on Sunday at 4.00p.m which would fit your theme this time perfectly.

    Hope your weather there is as good as it is here.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Sheila. Love the background you have created. Great design and layout and a perfect sentiment
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant card Sheila, I love the background you've created and the clever sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Card really clever sentiment with a great layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the fish and the background is fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete