Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Saturday 1 June 2013

Bookmark

My post for today is my DT sample for the challenge over on MTTC. The theme is 'Bookmark'. I started off with 2 different size of card and trimmed the top two corners off. I then stamped a swirl pattern with black ink on the larger piece of card and then inked the edges using crushed velvet and faded jeans Tim Holtz distress inks. On the smaller card I used the same distress inks but I put some of the ink onto my craft matt and sprayed with water, I then simply rubbed my card into the ink until it was covered. Once dry I stamped  the flowers and added the gems.
The idea of the two layers is so you can slip the page of your book between the two.


Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, all comments are appreciated. x

15 comments:

  1. A lovely bookmark Sheila and a clever design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is gorgeous Sheila… what a beautiful bookmark!… I love the two layers design.. and the distressing and stamping is very pretty! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours Sheila the distressing is so pretty and i love the 2 layer idea hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea hun, looks fab!

    Have a great weekend
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you can slip the page between the two layers - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bookmark Sheila, very clever design with having the two layers, very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, Sheila....might have a bash at making a bookmark this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Sheila, love the colours and a clever idea too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous bookmark, Sheila, love the colours you have used, so soft, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely bookmark. I like the colours used and the gorgeous stamped layers. The fact that the layers come apart to stop you losing the bookmark from the book is a great idea.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super bookmark Sheila, great design.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great bookmark and clever techniques

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous bookmark Sheila, love the colours and all your finishing touches too hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Sheila, nice to see you doing a tag. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete